Business Analyst - Senior
CSS Staffing, based in Omaha, NE, has an open position with a direct client for a
Business Analyst in Lincoln, NE
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Must have a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience as a Lead Business Analyst working with large, complex, enterprise–scale systems.
- Must have experience in facilitating requirements gathering sessions and in documenting and publishing the results.
- Must have experience in converting requirements into system specifications.
- Must have experience in analyzing and documenting existing business processes and proposing modified or new business improvements.
- Must have experience in communicating with management, clients, and application developers about the business requirements and in developing business process solutions.
- Must have experience in creating and maintaining business training and support material.
- Must have experience in testing for business applications; writing test plans, test case scenarios, executing tests and documenting results.
- Must have experience in writing Request for Proposals (RFPs) and developing RFP evaluation criteria and bidder evaluations.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including SharePoint, Visio and Access.
- Must have an understanding of the application development lifecycle and current methodologies.
- Preferred experience working with State government applications, particularly working with Department of Labor (unemployment insurance) related projects.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study.
- Preferred knowledge of project management tools such as Clarity, Microsoft Project, Open Workbench or similar products.
- Preferred understanding of Data/Process Modeling, SQL, relational databases and use of commonly used modeling and query tools.
- Preferred experience, at least at a high-level, with application development in a Java/.net/web development environment.
Under general supervision, performs business process analysis and design and
provides systems support for large, complex, enterprise projects and applications. Serves as a liaison between the business clients and applications developers. Performs related work as assigned. This individual will:
- Possess strong skills in meeting facilitation
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively, regardless of audience.
- Be able to work well within a team environment and have exceptional collaborative skills.
- Possess strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Possess strong skills in building and maintaining client relationships
- Possess strong project lead and general project management skills
- Possess excellent follow-up and organization skills
- Acts as a primary point of contact to answer (or follow-up on) workflow and design related questions and issues.
- Be able to provide quality output within tight deadlines and changing priorities and work environments.
- Be able to make adjustments to schedules as appropriate to assure compliance with deadlines.
- Coordinate and monitor assignments and work plans.
- Organize meetings and facilitate meeting discussions between business users, business analysts and technical analysts.
- Analyze and document business rules, policies and procedures for system development.
- Possess strong service oriented, interpersonal skills and analytical skills that include working directly with various levels of business and technical staff to determine sound technical solutions for business requirements.
- Estimates time required to deliver project artifacts and reports progress toward delivery goals throughout the project
- Leads key stakeholder analysis process
- Interacts with project stakeholders to elicit and document project requirements by translating business needs into testable, developer-ready requirements
- Produces professional quality project artifacts including but not limited to business requirement documents, requirement plans, models (e.g. data, event, context and process), traceability matrices, use cases, issue logs and other documents as needed
- Ensures that system requirements meet business needs and that the business is able to fully integrate and implement new systems or system features
- Partners with project stakeholders to manage requirement change requests throughout the project
- Respectfully challenges requirement additions that lead to scope creep
- Identifies and communicates risks as well as possible solutions
- Assists the business in determining if and how new systems or system enhancements may improve process flow and business function
- Serves as a critical resource and liaison between subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle
- Works with the business to recommend appropriate training, communication and scheduling as systems are deployed
- Works with the project team to determine appropriate test plans, deployment plans and supports the product launch
- Participates in the Quality Inspection process for all requirements
- Secures Business Requirement Document approvals from project stakeholders
- Other tasks to be determined by management and project needs
- Start Date: ASAP
- Assignment length: 1½ year contract