IT Contract Specialist
Contract Staffing Specialists, based in Omaha, NE, has an open position with a direct client for an IT Contract Specialist in Omaha, NE
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Two-year college degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years experience with procurement and vendor management required.
- Process service requests for client hardware and software, ensure compliance with current standards, obtain appropriate approvals, procure said equipment and software, process invoices and ensure proper accounting.
- Coordinate procurement activities for the entire IT department.
- Manage assets and license assignments.
- Inventory and/or reassign resources when there are personnel changes.
- Manage contract/maintenance renewals.
- Coordinate with appropriate teams to determine appropriate renewal levels.
- Review invoices and ensure amounts are booked to appropriate departments and accounts.
- Provide historical activity reports and provide input into the budgeting & forecasting processes.
- Investigate licensing options and recommend most favorable methods.
- Assist with establishing new agreements, reviewing commercial terms and coordinating the review process with IT management, Legal and the supplier.
- Keep records of contacts, contract terms, spending levels and current activities for vendors.
- Serve as primary point of contact for many IT suppliers.
- Negotiate volume purchasing, vendor-managed inventory, value-added services and other programs to maximize purchasing power.
- Track supplier performance, ensure promised service levels are attained and take steps to address gaps in performance.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Assignment Length: Full time