Sr. System Database Analyst
CSS Staffing, based in Omaha, NE, has an open position with a large client in Lincoln, NE for a Sr. System Database Analyst
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- The successful candidate will have, at minimum, an Associate degree in Computer Science or related field with preference given to a candidate with a Bachelor Degree in a similar discipline. This education should be supported by at least 4 years of DB2 development or support experience in IBM mainframe environment.
- Must have experience in the analysis and maintenance of DB2 objects and have a working knowledge of SQL and programming efficiencies used in DB2 application programs. Must have experience in preparing and executing DB2 programs and utilities.
- Must have demonstrated experience with TSO, QMF, ISPF, SDSF and JCL preparation and execution.
- Experience with IBM DB2 Administration, Automation, Table Editor, SQL Performance Analyzer, Log Analysis, Query Monitor, Websphere Replication, and Omegamon XE for DB2 PM, and Compuware File Aid for DB2 would be a plus.
- Actual experience with Client/Server interfaces and development would be a plus.
- Actual experience installing and supporting IMS would be a plus.
- Additional experience with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office suite of tools (e.g. Word, Excel) would be helpful.
- Responsible for DB2 for z/OS system problem resolution.
- Duties will include the identification of problems and the possible causes, the analysis of contributing factors, and the formulation of potential solutions.
- Coordinate and communicate the problem resolution activities with all concerned parties, and utilize formal problem management systems to document the problem identification, analysis and solutions.
- Provide systems software support for the installation and the use of vendor products that are used to monitor, control and configure the DB2 environment and its various resource requirements.
- Duties include participation in the implementation and verification processes associated with multiple products and the formulation of precise and adequately detailed communiqués with Systems Administration and vendor technical support staff.
- On Call rotation support required.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Assignment length: 3 year contract